ERA British Standard Keyless Egress Deadlock with Cylinder & Thumbturn
Supplied with 3 keys, fitting kit including screws, security roses and 35/35mm cylinder & turn.
- Overcomes the conflict between British Standard accredited front door lock and fire safety recommendations with the new Keyless Egress Range
- The BS8621:2007 standard mirrors the BS3621:2017 but is for ‘escape’ locks
- Provides Keyless Egress at all times, which is applicable when there is a requirement for an easy action method for opening external doors from the inside with no need for keys
- Especially useful for entrance doors in multi-residential buildings
- Hardened steel plates on both to resist drilling
- Four hardened steel plates resists hacksawing
- Sashlock features an easily reversible pull and twist action latch bolt without the removal of the lock cover
- Bolt through heavy-duty security roses protect the cylinder
- 64mm (2½”) and 76mm (3”) backset options
- Brass Effect, Satin or Chrome Effect finishes available
The British Standard (BS) Euro Cylinder Keyless Egress Deadbolt Mortice Door Lock is a BS accredited sashlock in a classic design. This lock conforms to British Standard 8621:2007 which mirrors the BS 3621:2017 but for 'escape locks' and meets the tough criteria/requirements laid down by insurance companies and the police. Locks meeting these requirements are classified as providing keyless egress at all times. This applies where there is a requirement for an easy action method of opening an external door from the inside with no need for keys or similar devices for unlocking. Especially relevant for entrance doors in multi-residential and other buildings. A keyless lever on the inside of the door ensures it is possible to make an emergency escape in an event of fire. The BS Keyless Egress Lock is supplied complete with a 6 pin Euro Cylinder, resistant against picking or drill attacks, with thumbturn on the inside of the door providing the keyless egress for emergencies. Bolt through heavy duty security roses protect the cylinder. High security and strength are delivered by a 20mm bolt throw in every lock. Designed with hardened steel plates to resist drilling and four hardened steel rollers in the deadbolt to resist hacksawing. Available in 64mm (2 ½") and 76mm (3") in brass effect, satin and a range of chrome effect finishes.