Locks & Latches
Door locks come in several basic types:
1. Dead Locks. A simple locked or unlocked mechanism operated by a lever or cylinder lock.
2. Door Latch. A sprung catch that keeps the door closed once shut. It is not a security device
3. Sash Locks. A combine Dead Lock and Door Latch. Can be mortice (fits into the door) or rim (screws onto the door face) fit.
4. Bathroom Locks. The lock part of Bathroom Dead Lock and Bathroom Sash Lock is operated by a spindle, not a key, and is used with a Bathroom Turn and Release (with safety unlock feature).
5. Detainer Mortice Locks for Sliding doors.